Friday, September 12, 2008

Epiman's Half Marathon



I recently started practicing for a half marathon. There are several marathons for charity in October that I hope to make one of them. Wednesday I ran seven miles as a part of my half marathon program I got somewhere on the internet. I used to run while I living in Ohio; but since Ohio was almost always so cold or so hot I had to do it at the University of Dayton's gym which was not so much fun. The thing was that I couldn't stand running in the same gym every day and seeing the same walls and windows and- after a while- the same people. It was a very beautiful gym though. Anyhow, I gave up running after a while and just did lifting.
But things are different in Southern California. Everyday is sunny and the weather is awesome. Neither getting cold in the winter nor very hot in the summer makes it a perfect place for outdoor sports. For a lazy man like me running is the least excusable one! You just can’t find any reason to escape it. The only thing you need is to do is to decide when to go and you are on your way in 2 minutes. There is also a good biking route close to where I live. It passes by a small water canal and people use it for walking or running too. It’s very nice especially in the evenings when people go out for exercise. Everyone does his/her best. Some walk, some jog, some run so fast and can’t help breathing, some take it easy and let their feet run them, some ride fancy bikes, some cycle really seriously and some just go to have their dogs toilet and go back home ASAP so that they don’t miss the early evenings TV shows!
So, I started this marathon program about a month ago and now I am half way through it. In less than a month- hopefully- I will finish a half marathon and go for a race. If you see me somewhere in Long beach, LA or Newport beach marathon races, make sure to shake your hands for me or at least make a smile. I will be wearing a running short and shoes with a T-shirt. See you there :)

0 comments: