Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Epiman's new job search

Since I started working for my current employer, I started looking for a new job! Literally! They are very very nice people but I feel I have more to offer but they are not willing to take. So, like many others struggling in this recession, I accepted this job offer about four months ago mostly to pay my bills. I mean, I like the company and I’m not being underpaid that much but I miss those challenging projects at school. Here, projects are time consuming but not challenging. So, I’m looking for a new job preferably in a big corporation. Of course, I am pickier now and don’t sell myself for a low price. I really look into the job descriptions and talk to the recruiters over the benefits and the working environment. It’s actually very pleasant to have a job as a back up and look for what you want freely. You have this peace of mind of having enough money to pay your bills and you are building up your reputation gradually too. Hence, you can take your time, negotiate with greedy recruiters and can have the upper hand in negotiations. Vey pleasant, very,....
As a result, I am more confident during interviews too. I start talking about my background sometimes before they ask about it. I direct the conversation to what I want and even make jokes! They all come naturally. I don’t even “try” to be relaxed anymore. There was this guy at school who used to say it’s easier to find a new girl friend while you already have one!
P.S. I was away for a week after the Richard Wright’s death. No, I was not mourning for him! I was sick and didn’t want to do anything but to rest. Hope you don’t ever be sick my friend, it’s a very bad thing even when you take some sick days off of work. I am willing to trade off part of my life for a sudden death. I mean, if I suppose to die in 184 years, from one year of disease, I like to trade five years of my life with a sudden death in the 179th year. Theoretical? yes, Possible? hopefully, Realistic? Neiiii!!!

0 comments: