Monday, November 3, 2008

How did you spend your Halloween this year?

Halloween is one of those days that I don’t know what to do. I don’t like to wear silly costumes or even come up with something simple on my own. It just doesn’t attract me! On the other hand, staying at home while everyone is partying doesn’t feel good either. So, here comes the dilemma. I ask myself every year: Does it worth going out with a bunch of crazy strangers shouting on streets? , Or, do I want to stay home and enjoy a relaxing time without all Halloween headaches?
For me Halloween is like “chahar shanbe souri” night in Iran. I had the same problem there but I had no choice but to go out. Why? Because in Iran people have fun by exploding sound bombs on streets! And every year, lots of injuries happen. So, even if you choose to stay at home there is no relaxing time. Every minute the sound of loud explosions disturb you. So, there are two choices available: Going out in the crowd and try to enjoy your night because you can’t stay home, or, go out of town to a quiet suburb which, by the way, I never had the opportunity to do so.
Since Halloween is much friendlier than Iran’s “Chahar shanbe souri”es, I have always chosen to stay home! It feels so good when I watch the news about how people went crazy on Halloween, how many were arrested, huge traffic and anxiety over finding a good parking spot,….
It’s too much headache for such a silly night. So, whenever you want to go out for Halloween ask yourself: Does having fun just for one night with all these headaches really worth it? Be honest and don’t feel embarrassed if you choose to stay home! You are not getting old, you are getting more mature :)
P.S. I don't know while woman's costumes are always nice and sexy, all man's costumes are ugly. This can be another reason for ugly people like me to avoid Halloween!

0 comments: