Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Epiman's mornings

Nothing much is going on these days. It’s just the routine. Everyday I wake up exactly at 5:00AM. Massage my eyes and wish I could wake up just an hour later. While keeping my eyes barely opened I walk to the bathroom,…[you don't need an explanation for this part!] , touch my face and hoping I don’t need to shave (but I do it almost everyday anyways). While shaving, I try to remember if I have anything for lunch or I need to go to the Quiznoz again. Now, I am almost awake or at least force myself to be. Then I walk to the kitchen, open the fridge, take the food, put it in the lunch box and look at my new lunch box which I haven’t been ready to use yet ‘cause it's too many different compartments but all of them are too small (I got it as a gift, so I don’t mind not using it!). Then I check the freezer to see if there is still some frozen breakfast in it. I put the plate and the breakfast in the bag and read the clock. If it is 5:15 I have to leave, if it’s not I turn on the TV to check the traffic. Have you ever seen the early morning news? People look ridiculously fresh! At least they look fresh to me. I mean, at 5:10AM you don’t expect seeing people wearing suites and made their hair by a stylist. I feel pity for them. They probably have to be at work at least 2 hours a head of their show to be prepared. So they have to go to sleep around 8 or even earlier. I hate going to sleep early at night more than waking up early in the morning. See, For me to have a normal sleep, I have to go to bed around 10PM. That is exactly when I want to relax a little and watch some TV or waste my time on the internet.
Anyway, I don’t wanna distract you from my very important morning routine story! I have 30 miles to work so I need to make it quick or I'll be late if I stuck in unexpected traffic jams. It’s still completely dark and again I feel pity for myself. The only good thing about waking up this early is that you avoid the crazy traffic in 405. It gradually becomes a moving parking lot till 8AM.
I turn on the car stereo which is usually on the CD player from yesterday evening. I quickly turn it to NPR radio station. Who wants to listen to some progressive rock CD this time of the night? NPR is the only radio able to keep me up now. They talk about politics mostly, with some short news. I find NPR more interesting at this time of the night rather than any other time for some reason. In 5 minutes I enter 405-north and set the cruise controller on 75. Every morning there is someone in 405 who deserves my curses for his/her driving. When I find him/her, I generously send my worst curses and pass by. In 30 minutes I am at the parking door of the company. I open the door, park my car, pick up the food bag and enter the plant. Everyone is working here. I take a look at the closest person I see, make a smile and say good morning. I clock in and feel pity for these people who started to work at 4:00AM or even 2:00AM! The smell of fresh coffee made by my boss for the engineering people wakes me up again. So, let’s see what’s going on today :)
Good morning to you too :)

0 comments: