Thursday, August 21, 2008

Friday love affairs


Yesterday, I saw a quote in the end of an email saying: “Thanks!, Plan for the weekend? Have a great weekend!” You know where it was? Right in the end where people usually put their contact info. The sender didn’t even bother putting her name in the end. It was kind of odd and refreshing. There is also a colleague of mine who’s always counting days to Friday starting from Monday! Everyday our first and sometimes the only conversation is like:
“Two days to Friday!”
“It’s almost Friday!” (On a Thursday)
“Friday!” (On a Friday)
“Today is my Birthday!” (On a Friday)
“Only one hour” (means there is one our left to leave the company on Friday)
And yesterday when the manufacturing chief engineer asked her what day it was, she answered Friday! (It was Tuesday actually). And while leaving work on Fridays she always advises me not to drink too much. It makes me feel like I’ve been imprisoned for five days and now it's time to drink and celebrate the two and half days of freedom. So imagine how compulsive you would be if you had such a person right beside your cubical.
Since then I’m appreciating weekends much more. I’ve realized how important- or sometimescrucial- it can be for some people, so I try to enjoy them as much as I can too.

Thanks! Plans for weekend? Have a great weekend! :D

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhhh dear pooya how are you? why you didnt tell me that you have a blog!! ? thati s cool and nice .i will be apprepriate if you come to my blog too!! that is called: nimeye pore livan...take care and be happy