Friday, August 29, 2008

The IT Guy: I am big

We have this IT guy in our company who thinks he is the best! I don't want to generalize IT people but some of them really make a big deal out of themselves. They always complain about the old systems and hardware while they can't solve lots of small problems and since everyone needs them they are always over-respected.

Some of their expressions and their hidden meanings:


" This printer is too old, no one knows how it works, the company only manufactured four of 'em and they all have this problem"= I don't know how to fix the printer's problem and I don't want to look desperate. So, please call the manufacturer's customer service to send a technician.


"How old is this system? it can't handle this many software. Do you have any backups?"= You computer is crashed and I don't know what the root cause is so I'm gonna reset everything and delete all your files like an IT intern.


"It's not a big deal, just go to the setting-control panel-...-...-...,... and click on this and that and that and uncheck this box and you'll be fine. If you couldn't fix it make sure to call me"= I am too lazy and don't want to go to your desk and fix your system.

"We don't have any thing better than what you already have"= There are so many better hardware out there that are compatible with your system but I made a big mistake and bought a bunch of cheap products and you are doomed to live with them till we run out of them and I make a new purchase for a better hardware.



Again, I'm not generalizing IT people but I have seen such IT guys before. So, if you are a Good IT guy who's always honest and really tries to solve employer's problems, I am not talking about you. So, just chill out buddy ;D

0 comments: