Friday, August 8, 2008

Process of Being Californicated

You know I live in California right now. The shallowest state in the U.S. Even the governor is an actor (not a very talented one though). Recently, I figured out that this is the atmosphere which forces people to become shallow. I mean, for example, imagine you go to a mall close by to buy an , say, Old Navy hoodie (OK, I'm a turtle!). While you're walking in the mall you see so many people are wearing nice clothes(including hoodies!).You're a human being, right?(at least I assume you are) so you become attracted to these beauties and if you have some extra money in your pocket you may change you mind from Old Navy to ,say, Banana Republic. But you're an amature, you are still sticking to your principles and opposing you being ranked by your clothes brands. But after a while you see more and more beautiful clothes around and want to have them. So you switch to more expensive brands and end up spending even five times more on your hoodies!
This is how you set the first step to your Californication (as Red hot chili peppers say) process. Luckily I am, I had been to California back and forth for the last 3 years. So, before I completely moved here I knew what I was going to encounter and tried to avoid these things as much as I could but I still can't resist buying my jeans from Diesel! ... I wish I could stick to my principles more!
Anyway, there are lots of great thing about California like being diverse, cosmopolitan, foreigner friendly, one of the greatest art centers in the world, having the best public school system and home to many important businesses, industries and universities in the world and don't forget the very beautiful beaches.

0 comments: